Transferring funds between your accounts
- In MyAlpari, choose ‘Internal Transfers’ from the upper menu.
- On the form that appears, make sure you have chosen ‘Internal Transfer’ as the required ‘Transfer Type’.
- From here, select the account that you want your funds to be transferred from and then choose ‘Trading Account’ as the ‘Transfer Method’.
- Before clicking ‘Confirm’, you need to specify which account you want this transfer to go to, as well as the transfer amount.
- To authenticate the transfer request, you will receive a password via SMS or the email address you have used to register. Enter this password in to the required field to complete the transaction.
You can track your transfer at any time by visiting ‘MyAlpari History’.
Processing Time: Internal transfers with Alpari International are instant, but it may take a few minutes for the balance in your accounts to update. On rare occasions, delays may occur. If you don’t see your new balance in your accounts, please contact us, and we will help resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
When transferring funds between accounts, it’s important to bear the following information in mind:
- Alpari International does not allow the transferring of funds to third party trading accounts. Funds can only move between accounts registered in the same name.
- Transfers can be made in EUR, GBP and USD. Conversion rates are updated daily and can be found on MyAlpari.